Saturday, July 20, 2013

Shabby Chic Dresser


I bought this beautiful dresser from my dear friend before she moved out of state. It is solid oak made in the early 30's, heavy, and it was love at first sight. I used Miss Mustard Seed Milk paint in Ironstone and achieved this


I moved furniture out of the way in my living room, laid down plastic, and painted this late one night, much to my husband's dismay. The milk paint is pretty fast and easy, and has almost no smell. And don't forget about that amazing chippy effect!

 I left the top of the dresser wood because I like that look. I have to admit I am super excited about turning all my dark wood furniture into whiter and lighter surroundings for the home I want!
 Close up of the cool toggle knobs and neat middle drawers. The hardware is original (or at least what has been on it for a long time).

Here are a few more "before" photos:


I love beautiful wood, but it makes my small house feel so crowded and dark. I LOVE what a little white paint did to this piece =) Hope you like it too! For more info on Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint, click here

For our wedding anniversary my husband and I are buying a super awesome china hutch from a local shabby chic boutique. We pick it up tomorrow!!!!! YAY! I'll share before and after photos of how much that will change our dinning room!

Ciao!




1 comment: